It was 8:30 am and he had crappy coffee, so we didn’t talk for 3 excruciating weeks.
But one day, I worked up the nerve to ask about the textbook sitting on his desk. I clearly made an impression with my Hello Kitty t-shirt, because he asked to hang out later that day.
Six years later, we got married.
Five years after that, our best friends tied the knot.
But since most college relationships end when college is over, I once asked my husband during a Star Trek marathon:
- "What if we had broken up after graduation?"
- "Would our best friends have met?"
- "And if they did, do you think we would re-met at their wedding and fallen in love again?"
And that is how the idea of my debut novel was born 🎉. It’s your kind of story if you love:
- Zany multi-generational family antics like Kevin Kwan's Crazy Rich Asians.
- Second-chance romances like Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook.
- Character-driven plots with an alternating timeline, like V.E. Schwab’s The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
- Reading and learning about Asian-American culture.
(And of course, there’s lots of delicious Vietnamese food featured in the book. Do you even have to ask?)
For a sneak peek, enter your name and email address below to get the first chapter delivered to your inbox.
P.S. I have no idea when I will be finished with the final manuscript, let alone get an agent and a book deal, so this is the only place you can get a preview!